Tuesday, February 1, 2005

Latest



For those who have been asking there still has been no word on the appeal which was a week ago this afternoon. Myself and the union can only assume that it is being given some decent consideration and common sense will prevail, but we'll just have to wait and see.



On the job front I have been plugging away on job searches, printing off CVs and filling in numerous application forms. Depressing to fill in so many almost identical forms within a few days and very time consuming. Between the appeal, job hunting, filling in applications etc I've been pretty busy. For those nice souls who have asked: no job has materialised yet although I have several applications in with more to go this week and a couple of knock-backs already.



However, I also have an interview later this week for a company who read of me and think I they may have a post for me. Nothing in life is certain of course, so you'll forgive me for not saying much about it just now but suffice to say it was a morale boost just to be asked to go down for a chat with them and it is a company and position I think I could do a lot for and, equally important, would enjoy doing. I'll let you know how it goes when I can.

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the job hunting Joe.

    Long delay doesn't necessarily mean decent consideration, of course. It might be just sitting in someone's in-tray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how disheartening it is going through the long, drawn out process of job hunting. You fill in so many forms to so little response you start to feel unemployable, but that's not the case. The job for you is out there, just waiting for you.
    The best tip I ever got for the whole job thing is, when you go into an interview don't think "I *really* need this job", think, "these people have the vacancy, *they* need *me*".
    Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be aware of the passage of time versus the effective date - sure your union will be looking out for it but apparently some people drag things out so that you fall outside the tribunal period.

    ReplyDelete