Thursday, February 10, 2005

Eat me



Great article in New Scientist about a chef who is printing edible menus! Printing using a variety of foodstuffs for an 'ink' source onto edible paper. This will no doubt bring a smile to the faces of the many who have regarded the delicious-looking images of dishes on menus in the past, only to be confronted by something which looks almost, but not quite, entirely unlike the picture when it arrives on their table.




Next for the tech-chef is apparently cooking steak by laser... Honestly - you folk thing I make up some silly articles?!?!? Outdone by real life once more :-). I wonder if the edible printing process could be transferred to clothes? Then we could all take literally Bart's catchphrase of 'eat my shorts'.

2 comments:

  1. "which looks almost, but not quite, entirely unlike the picture when it arrives on their table"

    Naughty, naughty, must give credit for (mis)-quotation!

    Hope things are going well, yes, another one, through the power of Gaiman, is tuning into your blog. I miss the halcyon days of when I read comics, but to be honest, it got to the point where I couldn't afford my bedsit because it was not big enough to house my comic collection. 1st question to Land Lord was not "Have the walls got mould growing on them?", but "Is the wardrobe space sufficient to take 6 comic book storage boxes?". I do have fond memories of Forbidden Planet though....

    Jessica, Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. All credit to the great Doug Adams, without whom my youth would not have been as much fun.

    I do know exactly what you mean with the comic boxes though. These days I tend to go for the graphic novel collections rather than the monthly comics, but still my little flat is bugling at the seams with books and GNs. If ever I can afford a larger apartment it will be to house the books!

    ReplyDelete