Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Killer Whales

Workers on that mighty piece of Victorian engineering, the Forth Rail Bridge, have spotted a pod of Orcas swimming past them in the River Forth, right up past Edinburgh. There are seals on some of the islands in the Forth, which may be attracting them, although it is remarkable to see them swimming so far upriver. That would be a sight to cheer you up on the commute from Fife to Edinburgh, wouldn't it? How cool is it that a couple of miles from my door there are killer whales swimming in the river?? And why couldn't those darned Orcas arrive over the weekend when I could get out there with my camera?!?!? Mind you, I suspect the local seals have a somewhat different view on this.

1 comment:

  1. One part of me agrees that it's really cool, and the other part just wants to stay away from the prom.

    ReplyDelete