Friday, February 9, 2007

Black Horse

I love the animation in this advert for Lloyds TSB bank (not that it makes me want to bank with them but the animation is nice), which is based around a train ride which also incorporates a couple's journey through life. The animation in it is lovely and is it just me or does a lot of the style in this advert look like it has been cribbed Les Triplettes de Belleville (probably better known here as Bellville Rendevous)? The faces of the characters (especially the long noses), the elevated train track and the style of the tall, skinny house all look like they've been borrowed from Belleville (perhaps another reason I like it since I thought Belleville was a great little movie with some brilliant animation and some almost Gerald Scarfe-like characters here and there).

2 comments:

  1. You're spot on with your comment, reminds me of Bellville too. Presumed it was made by the same people but can't find much about it on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thoughts guys, really! but i was wondering if anyone knew what the name of the song is...i have been searching for ages and cant find diddly squat on it! cheers 4 ur help!

    F

    ReplyDelete