Sunday, May 7, 2006

50 Best book to movie adaptations

The Guardian ran an article listing the result of their panel who selected their 50 best book to movie adaptations. There are some very good films in there, including a few of my favourites, several SF titles and, most remarkably, they picked a graphic novel as well, although since it is Frank Miller's Sin City it is really several books. I was pretty pleased to see this being picked - it was like a few months ago when Time magazine selected some of the best English-language novels since the late 20s and included Dave Gibbons and Alan Moore's Watchmen. Comics and graphic novels are becoming almost respectable :-). Inspired by this my colleagues and I whipped up a special Sin City page on the new FPI main site and I had the overwhelming urge to post a big blog piece on the FPI blogs, so I gave in to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment