Sunday, February 5, 2006

Insulting cultures

One of my friends, talking about the whole cartoon-Islam thing pointed out that Muslim nations are saying it is an insult to Islam and Islamic culture, yet those same groups are regualrly seen burning flags, especially American ones, which Americans would count as highly insulting to their culture, yet they don't make apologies for that. Double standards perhaps? Certainly with all this flag burning in the Middle East I have to suspect that they must be contributing to global warming, which is damned irresponsible of them. I also have to conclude that there must be a fortune to make in flag sales in the Middle East, because they fairly go through them...

2 comments:

  1. Oddly enough I read this just after reading your piece, didn't connect the dots immediately though, which is why I'm a day late.

    from the guardian

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is a good article, thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete