Monday, February 20, 2006

In print

I had an email from some friends who approached me last winter when I was unemployed; they were compiling a book on politics and Europe and identity. They had a number of people signed up already, including, understandably, politicians, but they wanted to present a diverse range of people and opinions. They had heard of the Woolamaloo through the events going on last January and they liked my writing style so they asked if I'd care to try submitting a short piece on spec. I did, they liked it and it is going in. I heard from them this afternoon that the book should be coming out in April and that the final list of contributing writers includes Tony Benn, Ralph Steadman, my favourite living Scots poet Edwin Morgan and a number of others, including me! Groovy! I'll pass on more details as soon as I hear them.

1 comment:

  1. Bloody hell. Well done. August company indeed. Tony Benn must be well chuffed.

    ReplyDelete