Wednesday, March 24, 2004

2-D



Caught a new episode of 2DTV this week. For those who haven't seen it, it's a short 20 minutes set of animated comedy sketches, riffing mostly on the week's news items, as well as celeb gossip and entertainment. They've been doing a great Bush as an excited imbecile child-man before but now they've teamed him up in his sketches with Arnold Schwarzenneger it's even funnier.



Especially good this week was the Sex in the City sketch - Jane Austen style. Oh my, Lord Bigsworth has written me another letter! Another one? That's the 3rd in four years, the man is a brute! Well, I was getting out of the carriage and my ankle showed the other day... All of this genteel discussion was brought to a halt by Lady Samantha telling her gentle lady friends that she was with the Horse Guards and fucked all of htem all night, including the horses... This was far more entertaining to me than the real Sex and the City show. Yes, I know my dear SweetRouge will bristle, as will Melanie and most of my other female chums who adore this odd show. But I never got into it. I tried, but I think you have to be a girl, it's as simple as that! I found all of the characters terribly shallow - a woman whose main worry in life is the right man and the right pair of expensive shoes (not necessarily in that order) holds little interest for me and even the frequent nudity was not enough to get me watching, and it's rarely I pass up some gratutious nudity! However, forget this girly show - Black Books has returned to Channel Four! Oh, if only we could run our boosktore like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment