Saturday, July 29, 2006

Screw-On Head

I posted this on the FPI blog a while back and realised I forgot to mention it here - SciFi have made the test episode of Mike Mignola's The Amazing Screw-On Head available on line and are actively asking folk's opinion to help decide if they should comission a whole series. I thought it rocked - the art is very similar to Mike's distinctive look (as seen in Hellboy) and it has a lovely steampunk feel to it, with the Screw-On Head himself a mechanical agent of Abraham Lincoln's, with different heads for different tasks (a bit like Wurzel Gummidge in that respect!). Paul Giamatti and David Hyde Pierce provide voice talent.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great Joe, apart from the fact that when I went to scifi.com and tried to view the pilot I was told that the show 'isn't available in my location'.

    Did you actually get to see it yourself..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did, mate - perhaps the buggers have now changed the settings? Very annoying. Suffice to say it will appeal to all of us Mignola fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought and watched the DVD. David Hyde Pierce's character is amazingly funny.

    ReplyDelete