Sunday, July 2, 2006

Meme time

Got this via my mate Jeff - feel free to copy and stick in your own repsonses:

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?

Nope, although I had an asshole of a motorbike cop tell me off for cycling past a bus which had just cut me up. When I angrily asked him why he was picking on me and ignoring the bus driver’s dangerous actions he told me he could make a warning into an actual charge; presumably his helmet was too tight and constricting his small brain.

2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?

No way! I love roller coasters - rode my first one, the Cyclone at Morecambe when I was about 5 or 6 with my dad and rode many more white knuckles rides thereafter, often with dad. Not sure if it’s the roller coasters I love more or the fact that I have so many memories of enjoying them with dad.

3. When's the last time you've been sledding?

Ohhh, a good while ago, probably back in my 20s, while at a ski resort.

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?

Like my own space in bed, but there’s nothing like snuggling up to someone. And the cats like to make themselves comfortable on top of the duvet as well of course.

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

I am haunted by my disbelief. If someone can prove their existence properly, fair enough, but hearsay and conjecture isn’t proof. A friend of mine has investigated ghosts for years (he has a book out this winter on it) and only came across one case he can’t find an explanation for.

6. Do you consider yourself creative?

Of course - why, anyone who decides to mix Baileys into the blender with ice cream and choccy milk shake is clearly creative.

7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?

Surely you are not suggesting our Western system of justice for all equally could be corrupted by people who are rich and famous???

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?

Can I have both, please? No? Oh. Well, probably Angelina - not only incredibly foxy but barking mad and you just know she’s be inventive and downright dirty.

9. Do you stay friends with your ex's?

Not especially, but I have good relations with my Zs and my Qs.

10. Do you know how to play poker?

I refer you to the Goon Show: “This is Minnie Bannister, the world-renown poker player. Giver he a poker and she’ll play any tune you want.”

11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?

Not sure how long it was, but do recall working on some college projects all day, through the night on the computer then off into college next morning to print it all out, bind it and hand it in. Also recall being kept awake by friends like Leonie using my computer at home since it was the early 90s and most folks didn’t have a PC at home, so if you did you were very popular.

12. What's your favourite commercial?

Right now the Tango pastiche of the Sony Bravia ad with the coloured superballs bouncing down a San Francisco hill street, redone as apples, lemons, oranges etc bouncing down steep English village hill street, splattering, smashing windows, all to the same Jose Gonzales track

13. What are you allergic to?

Thumbscrews and Nazis.

14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around do you run red lights?

Generally no, partly in case I just haven’t noticed someone crossing in the dark or something like that, partly because a lot of main junctions have cameras on them.

15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?

Hmmm, I have a couple of Deep Dark Secrets, but the other folks involved know too, so not really. Not that they will talk now, oh no (wipes dirt from hands, locks away shovel and laughs).

16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?

Ah, baseball - almost as boring as cricket but at least they get matches over somewhat more quickly. Other than Charlie Brown’s team, all baseball bores the hell out of me.

17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?

Yup, was taken several times to the wonderfully monikered Crossmyloof rink in Glasgow.

18. How often do you remember your dreams?

Quite often and sometimes dream events which happen, although those dreams only come back to me just as the events are happening, so that’s pretty useless. Picked up the occasional short story from good dreams.

19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

All the time. I’m easily amused and believe in totally surrendering to hilarity. Humour is one of the best defence mechanisms we have for coping with life.

20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?

Lucy in the Sky with Carbon C-60,
She Loves Me Longtime, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Corporal Condiment’s Heart Condition Band,
I Saw Her Standing There (the stalker’s song),
Yellow Deep-Sea Submersible

21. What's the one thing on your mind now?

Trying to get stuff together for British Comics Month on the FPI blog.

22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass barbie is?

Never heard of her, but I did see a Lois Lane Barbie at FPI recently, does that count?

23. Do you always wear your seat belt?

Not always, only when in the car. Wearing it the rest of the time is just being silly.

24. What cell service do you use?

I carry a loudhailer.

25. Do you like Sushi?

Yep, some American friends told me about the non-fish Sushi which I could eat as a veggie.

26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?

No, it actually killed me, I just haven’t stopped moving yet because I am a stubborn bugger. And Enoch Root gave me a nice pick-me-up.

27. What do you wear to bed?

My smooth and creamy Celtic skin and an attitude.

28. Been caught stealing?

Nope, I learned from Harry Harrison’s Stainless Steel Rat - call me Slippery Joe.

29. What shoe size do you have?

7.

30. Do you truly hate anyone?

“I don’t believe in hate anymore, I hate to think on how I felt before” as Edie Brickell put it. Hate leads to the dark side. I do loathe what some folks do, like Bush and Blair, but I try not to let hate into my soul, the stains it leaves just don’t come out.

31. Classic Rock or Rap?

Wouldn’t that make the an acronym ‘CRRAP’???

32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?

Hmm, would have to choose between my top three celeb’s I’d like to snog list, which consists of Audrey Tautou, Winona Ryder and Christina Ricci. Think it would have to be Audrey Tautou. Unless I can pick someone from any period of time, in which case probably Audrey Hepburn or Louise Brooks.

33. Favourite Song?

Can’t really answer this, depends so much on my mood. Some days I want to listen to John Lee Hooker, other days Schubert, other days Velvet Revolver. Tori Amos’ “Crucify” would be way up the list though and right now loving pretty much everything Regina Spektor sings (plus her name makes her sound like a 60s Bond villain!).

34. Have you ever sang in front of the mirror?

‘Singing’ may be too grandiose a title for it.

35. What food do you find disgusting?

Eating animals.

36. Do you sing in the shower?

Oh yeah, my Don Giovani in the shower is amazing. Of course you just have to take my word for that.

37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?

Took it one step further - my first ‘girlfriend‘ and I had our Action Man and Syndey doll snogging and ‘doing it‘. We had no idea what ‘doing it’ actually was of course, but it was fun.

38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?

All the time! One of the hallmarks of good, solid friendship is you can slag each other off comfortably and laugh about it because even when joking about aspects of each other’s habits which annoy you know you still love each other.

39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?

Of course. It’s not just about standing up for someone you don’t know, it’s about defending principles. If you won’t stick to your principles for anyone and everyone then you don’t have any principles. Why do you think I am so opinionated on the blog???

40. Have you ever been punched in the face?

No, but I had a sabre break in a fencing duel and the broken shaft stab into my chest, does that count?

No comments:

Post a Comment