Monday, April 24, 2006

Emerald City

This month's ezine from top SF site Emerald City, hosted by the excellent Cheryl Morgan, has just come out. My mate Padraig, P-Con organiser, bookseller, graphic novel collector and Alan Moore expert has written a cracking review of V For Vendetta, which I highly recommend. Among the other goodies are a piece on style in literature by that very stylish Glasgow-based writer Hal Duncan, reviews of Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go (this month's Book Group choice incidentally), Mike Carey's Devil You Know (which I heard today is going to be made into a TV series by the same company who make Midsomer Murders, excellent news) and a review of the first two Complete Judge Dredd Case Files by little, ole' me. Obviously I do a lot of reviews and recommendations at work but it is nice to do the occassional full length review outside in an SF 'zine as well - the many I wrote for the Alien Online and other places helped me to get the job I do now after all and I enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment