Thursday, October 27, 2005

Evolution

I like the new Guinness advert with the three drinkers reversing out of the pub and de-evolving back through time, but I'm guessing there are large chunks of the American midwest which will probably consider this the Devil's work. They probably believe the drinkers should only walk backwards in time six days... Still, these folk probably don't drink Guinness - in fact I doubt they could handle it, being used to the blandest, weakest lager beers on the planet - and as Bill Hicks once observed, isn't it funny how people who adamantly refuse to believe in evolution usually look kind of unevolved? You can see the Guinness ad here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey now. As a resident of the American midwest, I feel it necessary to defend my territory.

    Yes, there are people in this part of the world who don't believe in evolution and want Creationism taught in science classes, but these people are morons and mostly live in Kansas.

    They comprise not-so-much a "large chunk" as they do a multitude of smaller chunks that are kind of spread out, and I like to think that they're in the minority.

    I've been wrong before, though.

    Either way, that is an awesome commercial.

    ReplyDelete