Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Bloggerview

Always trying to think on different items for the FPI blog at work I decided to try some short interviews - blogs aren't necessarily the best place for a full length review, but I thought a mini-review could work and it looks to be a good way to supplement and compliment the reviews I've been posting. So today I asked one of the first authors mentioned on the new blog, Ian Hocking, if he would mind answering a few questions, which I'm glad to say he did - it's live over on the FPI site. If anyone wants to have a look and leave a comment, there's a work contact at the top header.

Good old day on the work blog actually today - a few weeks ago I blogged about artist Michael Zulli after following a link from Neil Gaiman's journal. Michael is working on his final Morpheus portrait - he is tired of always being asked for Sandman images, so he is doing one final one but is posting the work in progress, from sketch to finished oil work. It's a clever way of sharing a creative process that most of us don't get to see and is well worth a visit. Michael very kindly gave me his permission to post a couple of examples on the FPI blog and obviously his own page has full-sized versions (and all of the rest too). A signed hardback of Sandman - the Wake is one of my prized signed books; a nice Sandman drawing by Neil on the inner page and Michael's gorgeous artwork - luscious book.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I would love to have that book!!! I was able to get Gaiman to artfully autograph one of his comic books for me when he was on a promotional tour of the states in the early 90's. He used one of those paint pens, drew the symbol for eternal life, then a face (maybe me?) and wrote my name. He was very generous and kind! Both he and Zulli are brilliant.

    ...I wonder who will play the Sandman when it finally gets to the big screen. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil says he hopes it never does get to the screen! He isn't involved in but did get to see a script draft which was truly awful (Ha, you think bullets can harm me?!?! The King of Dreams! Foolish mortals!!!).

    Latest I heard is that Michael's Morpheus painting is now being auctioned, bids starting at $3001, putting it a touch out of my budget!

    ReplyDelete