Sunday, October 5, 2003

Ansible



Wow, an honourable mention for me this month in Dave Langford’s mighty SF perennial, Ansible. My contribution to the ongoing debate that’s been rumbling on in various web sites for a few months now on the subject of what is and isn’t SF (notably Booker winning Canadian author Margaret Atwood who denies the Handmaid’s Tale and her recent Booker short listed Oryx and Crake are SF because ‘she doesn’t have robots and spaceships in her books’). Regardless, Ansible reports how I nevertheless managed to sell quite a number of copies from our SF section as well as mainstream fiction. I do hope the writer of such fine ‘speculative fiction’ appreciates the little extra royalties my colleagues and I earned her by knowing our audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment