Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Wonderful customer today - an elderly American lady who comes up to me in the bookstore and asks where we keep our tapes of Welsh choral music. I point out that we sell books and only books and if we did have some music it probably wouldn’t be Welsh choral music. She then asks me where she can buy miniature bottles of Irish whisky in Edinburgh. Who the hell comes to Scotland to buy Irish whisky??? Why come all the way here, the home of the finest malts known to humanity and then ask for a second rate whisky from another country? I couldn’t help it, I had to tell her that she was obviously in the wrong country!



Before you all nod and go ‘dumb tourist’ it turned out she was actually embarrassed - she had been asked to pick these up on her Scottish holiday by friends back home. So there is that poor woman going round the capital of Scotland looking for Welsh music and Irish whisky

No comments:

Post a Comment