Friday, April 11, 2003

On a good news front however, I picked up my shiny new toy today - a Toshiba laptop. It will take me ages to transfer over files accumulated on my ancient pentium desktop, but at least I have my existing email etc set up on the shiny little new machine. Very sexy and I'm very pleased with it - except Windows Xp seems deigned to stop people like me who know how to fiddle with things fiddling with things... I'm sure I'll figure it all out eventually - unless is succumb to playing a nice new state-of-the art game, the type I couldn't play on my old machine. Yes, I'm just waiting for Alex to supply me with new games distractions so I get bugger all work done on the new machine.



One drawback to the new computer - it is a nice thin plasma screen. This means no hot monitor for my cats to sleep on, they are most distressed. Still, I will take this opportunity to start training them up on anti-terrorism measures. The big puss, Pandora, is the tactical cat, designed to clobber the enemy by... well sitting on their laps and purring. Cassandra (Cassie) is the smaller cat and to be used for swift, surgical strikes. Ha, no Al-Queda plague infested rats being unleashed near me! Back to the new toy oh how my poor bank balance screams for mercy. But the old machine was not only from the Triassic era it was now making sounds like the last Huey out of Saigon in 1975, so it aint long for this world. That's my justification and I am sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment