Tuesday, April 22, 2003

I am indebted to Matthew for pointing me to the interesting collaboration between to excellent SF writers, our local lad Charlie Stross and Cory Doctorow (who Alex has been praising). Cory and Charlie are collaborating to draft a tale on a web blog, so the virtual community can actually watch the tale come together, be altered, re-drafted and worked as it happens. I thought this was a wonderful idea and a hi-tech version of Harlan Ellison sitting in a bookstore window writing tales while people watched or tossed him ideas (kind of whose Short Story is it Anyway?), then I read Chalrie's page and see him say pretty much the same thing :-). Sounds like a great idea and an interesting use of internet technology. I haven’t read Cory’s new book, but it is high on my list (thanks Alex) while Charlie’s work is excellent and I hope more folk in the UK get too read more of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment