Friday, January 8, 2010

4, 000 pictures

My Woolamaloo Flickr stream has just reached the 4, 000 images mark after uploading a few pics taken while out playing in the snow today, including these ones (below) as I enjoyed yomping across deep, almost unbroken snow on the rugby pitch at Meggetland sports centre - it was so nice and deep I could take big 'Moonwalk' steps (as in actual Apollo mission 'kangaroo' leaps, not Jacko style gyrations) as it cushioned each landing, it was great fun. Still wondering exactly how I managed to hit 4000 photographs and video clips and not sure if its something to be proud of or worried about. Although I am pleased that some have appeared on the BBC website and others have been shared to use on communal news sites by citizen bloggers, online galleries, various other sites and a handful even got borrowed, printed and framed for display at a community art project in Edinburgh. Which I have to say I really like - I'm old school internet, been online since 1991 and like many who started then still cling to at least a remnant of the ideals we had in the early days that it was a medium to empower ordinary folks to give them voice and share work and art online.



Meggetland sports ground, winter sunset 02


a pic from today, the sun settting behind the modern Meggetland sports centre as I was playing in deep snow on the rugger field.



The 4000 photos range from pictures of family and friends...



mum and aunt chrissy



Malcolm and Rhona's wedding 31



... to hundreds of photos and short video clips of Paris...



Rue Saint Andre des Arts by night



Louvre looking out of upper floor



Eiffel Tower looking down to Pilier Nord







...black and white work...
cycling piano man 2



she's been framed 1



Scottish Parliament from Arthur's Seat 2



skating 2



...images of Scotland, city and country and wildlife...
sea horses 8



Waverley at sunset 3



Merlin the owl 3



Iron road to the Highlands 20



Inchcolm Abbey with Saltire



...cute kitty cat pics...
Dizzy in the tulips 2



Cassie by fireside 1



...even the occasional celebrity...
ukulele lady 2



...and naturally lots and lots of pics of my beloved Edinburgh. In fact over 1500 of the city and over 600 of the Festival. Hmmm, guess it all does mount up!
summer sunset from Arthur's Seat 1



Edinburgh Tattoo cavalry horses 6



changing the signs 2



Tornado steams into Edinburgh 4



Edinburgh Castle, November night 2



Royal Scottish Academy Gerhard Richter exhibit



Alley piper and Saltire



Edinburgh Castle Fireworks night 2007 4



I make no pretense to be a proper photographer (sometimes I get very lucky with the odd shot though), I'm really more of a gonzo photographer - I just shoot anything that catches my eye from historic buildings to jugglers to everyday life to famous writers at the Book Festival; I don't rework them in PhotoShop so what you see is pretty much what I saw, not re-touched, shot purely for enjoyment from the compact camera I almsot always carry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment