Monday, December 24, 2007

Dad's home

Great news this afternoon, a nice early Christmas present - my dad's been released from hospital after his tests proved okay and he's home. I'm just about to catch a train back through again myself shortly and as you can imagine the sense of relief is enormous. The medical staff seemed pretty confident on Saturday when I spoke with them, but there's always that niggling worry that at the last minute they might decide he had to stay in for something else, but nope, he's home and we're bloody happy. Many thanks to the folks who sent me positive wishes, much appreciated. I've got a huge desire to stick on the Tom and Jerry set I got dad a couple of years back and sit down with him to watch the 'Twas the night before Christmas' one from the 40s. I might just do that. Now, folks, if you'll excuse me its time to click my ruby red Doc Martens together and repeat "there's no place like home, there's no place like home..." Have a good Christmas, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Joe,
    Just popped in to say hello and Merry Christmas. Very happy to read that your dad has been released from the hospital. That can be such a fright.
    Also wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday - may the year bring you all the joy your heart can hold.
    Hugs
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I'm sorry I missed this. I am glad your dad is on the mend, what a terrible shock. I'm glad you've got those ruby Doc Martens to go home.

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete