Monday, November 6, 2006

Exploding paint

There is a video on this site showing the 'making of' the new Sony Bravia advert (the follow-up to the one with the bouncing superballs of all colours set to Jose Gonzales music). I was quite surprised since I thought the exploding fountains of colourful paint across some of the nasty 60s/70s flats on the edge of Glasgow were computer animated, yet here they are showing them as actual physical special effects using mortars and special paint. It's quite something to watch, although a cynical part of me is wondering if it is actually real or yet another layer of stealth advertising posing as a short documentary - hard to believe they would actually be allowed to do this for real (and I am too cynical to believe everything I see, except in the mornings when I try to believe six impossible things before breakfast, especially if dining at Milliways).

1 comment:

  1. Goodness me you are a cynic :-)

    The ad was filmed in Glasgow this summer as reported at the time by the Beeb and others back in July.

    There are plenty of bystander pics and vids on you-tube and flickr and their like.

    The balls add was also filmed "for real" in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete