Tuesday, August 30, 2005

MirrorMask

I finally wrote up a bit on MirrorMask and also Land of the Dead, which I’ve posted over on the FPI blog, along with a picture of Dave McKean at the Q&A after MirrorMask. It’s a little dark, but it’s hard to get a decent picture in the gloom of the cinema auditorium and most subjects were too far away for the flash to be effective, but you can still see him reasonably okay, unlike poor George Romero who is in a picture so dark he could be one of his own zombie extras.

1 comment:

  1. in fact it often looks like one of Dave’s mixed-media artworks brought to life, ready to walk into.

    This is what I was hoping for. Almost the first - and what I consider my first - piece of artwork that I did for the Bedlam Theatre was for an adaptation of Mr Punch. This was my first introduction to Gaiman and McKean and, whilst I think Neil is good, it is Dave's work that really excites me.

    Dave's work has informed and inspired most of my good work to date, and continues to do so (I will post a link when Telewest let me access my files. Damn, must pay them...).

    DK

    ReplyDelete