Friday, June 3, 2005

New site

I've been very, very busy working on the new graphic novel web site for FPI of late along with my colleagues. You can imagine the amount of entries in there and obviously there are always new titles to be added from publisher large and small (and nice to be able to add on the books from the smaller presses) - its a lot of stuff, but its also fun, especially as the new site has more flexibility. I'll explore more of that as I go on, but already we've added on some top ten favourites lists by some staff, friends and some writers, some with reviews (and we can add reviews to the entries individually too, which is good), with more to come.

Still a lot of work to do, adding more features and sorting out the older entries to the new standards and obviously it will always be a kind of work-in-progress because I'm going to be adding to it all the time. Still there it is live at last and it is kind of satisfying to be able to see it up there now, gives that nice feeling that you've really got something solid done. Of course, me being me I also keep coming across far too many titles that I want to read! But that's not a bad thing, is it?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing me to this graphic novel site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lukas hakos is right, very nice blog.
    how did you get your blog on your own domain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lucky - a friend who runs his own blog and a major review site kept asking me to start a blog - up till then I sent the occassional spoof newspaper article under the Woolamaloo banner to chums. He said I should do it as a blog, with the bonus it gives you space to do other things as well.

    I bought a domain name (very cheap to do now) and he generously gave me some space on the review site's servers to host it. Very handy because it lets you post pics more easily. For the work blog again we set up a normal blog but set the upload paths etc to our own server in the setup area.

    Cheers,

    Joe :-)

    ReplyDelete