Sunday, September 12, 2004

Scumbags



Not realising there was a home game this afternoon at Tynecastle Stadium I nipped out of my flat to the shops. Straight into thousands of the Great Unwashed. Now, much as I despire football (I went to a rugby school where we were encouraged to look down upon the game. Thank god for good schools) I can't in all fairness tar all footie fans with the same brush. However, it is equally fair to say that the Jambo (Hearts=Tarts=Jam Tarts=Jambos) crowd harbours more than a fair amount of Scum of the Earth within the general fan ranks. These are the ones throwing fast food litter and beer bottles away in the street right next to my home - they don't give a shit that people live there. They jeer, they sing hate-filled sectarian songs they generally act in threatening manners as ordinary folk who live there try to go around their business.



For those who don't know Hearts may be moving from their stadium to to poverty and relocating to nearby Murrayfield. This has created great uproar amongst the fans, understandably. Personally I hope the buggers go so I and everyone else around here has a better quality of life. One of the few local merchants who hasn't put up a 'save hearts' sign in his window told me that he thought them going would improve the area immeasurably. The police have been called to protests both outside Tynecastle (on my doorstep, thank you very much) and to the homes of club officials who have had threatening mail, calls etc. And today the Scum section of the crowd sank to an all-time low. What bottom-feeding scumbuckets always pop-up around masses of uneducated people who are full of anger to fuel and feed it? Why the BNP of course. Waving large Union Jacks, shaved heads, handing out their despicable 'political' tracts. I heard one in a UJ t-shirt complaining that he wasn't allowed in to the stadium wearing it. So good for the Tynecastle official who lept these Nazi-wannabes out. I'm sure they ended up at the nearby pub which always seems to be full of these sorts of creeps. Went home feeling unsafe and dirty. My, what a credit to the sport. Creeps. Hunger politics is alive and well and still stoking the fires of hostility and hate.

5 comments:

  1. For an allegedly well educated man it would seem that you failed to do what all would be Tenants or housepurchasers should do which is to investigtae the area you are about to live in.

    No matter whether it is rented or bought surely one of the first things you do before taking on a property is have a look at the surroundings?

    Anyone who does'nt, deserves all they get in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read some inane rant from Joe towards HMFC .If Gorgie and HMFC are so revolting - why dont you f--- off .It has been the home of hearts for over 100 years .Something that comes over loud and clear is your self importance , me me me - they are unwashed , they are nazis , scum , bigots bla bla bla .Crikey you had a private education and you still ended up with so much a bitter asshole

    ReplyDelete
  3. here some advise for u then,put your house up for sale and go and live beside parkhead,then come back on here and say what you think about us compared to them

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look at the text you'll see he specifically said he wasn't tarring all football fans with the same spirit and the bit about the rugby school etc is obviously sarcasm and taking the mick out of the writer as well as fans.

    I live in the same area and I too get fed up listening to large groups of folks singing hate-filled billy boy songs at the top of their lungs - it ain't nice and it doesn't do anything to improve the image of Scottish footie, does it? And BNP folk hanging outside - how can you defend these Nazis gits? One of the local pubs has even put up fliers for their meetings, which is pretty low. Again, doesn't do much for the image of football, regardless of which club it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Bitter asshole'? Gee, am I bitter for not liking neo-nazis handing out BNP literature on Gorgie Road? You fail to notice the bit about my school was sarcasm and does indeed mock me as well. And no, it wasn't a private school - you just assumed, or else you wanted to assume. You also selectively gloss over the fact I deliberately said not all fans fit into this category - I even praised the steward who stopped the BNP folk from entering the ground. And I fail to understand why any real footie fan has a problem with me disliking bigotry since the game itself is trying its best to stamp that divisive beast down. Again I didn't say every fan was a bigot -try reading it, I made a point of saying they weren't all the same - just that I hate hearing folk roaring out sectarian hate songs. I don't give a damn what club they are from, that kind of thing is just plain wrong - its not a rant against HMFC so much as saying I don't like bigots chanting in the street and I hate the bloody mess of empty bottles and chip pokes left on folk's window sills.

    Yes the club has been here a 100 years but fans need to remember this has also been a residential area fo a century and folk actually have homes here - a bit of consideration and respect is called for.

    As for 'me, me, me', well it is my bloody blog and so I write about the things that I'm thinking about, so what do you expect? If you don't like it, well sorry, I didn't set out to piss off a particular person, but its my blog, I state my own opinion. I don't go on to footie fan sites to have a go at them, its their space to say what they want - I expect the same in return.

    ReplyDelete