Monday, May 10, 2004

Vamping around



Just found the web site for Charlaine Harris, author of the fabulous Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Mysteries - see the Alien for reviews of the first two (third on the way soon). Only annoying thing is that the web site does something very irritating and it's a mistake she makes in the beginning of her third book, Club Dead. She refers to Britain as 'England'. As in my new book has just been released in England. How very odd, I seem to have some here in the barbarous wasteland of Edinburgh, Scotland :-). A lot of foreigners do that and it drives everyone from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland mad....



Still, off on a raid over the border tomorrow morning as I head down into England and off to Manchester for an interview of a higher post in Waterstone's doing the Fiction core range for the company. Means about 7 hours on the rails unfortunately, but at least it means I can sit back on the train and crack on with some books. Guess I'll find out the endurance of my little MiniDisc player too. Luckily I have several hours of music on there with the NetMD software. I suspect the batteries will exhaust before the music does.



Looks like I will have a few hours to kill until the next direct train back home after the interview, so I'm grabbing the chance to meet Ariel on his way home from work for a couple of pints in a Manchester hostelry, so that's a nice wee bonus.



No comments:

Post a Comment